CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Charter update and busy week

Well I went back on Charter today to see if it has been fixed yet. And alas....they have put all the money owed back ON the internet account...left the credit on the phone...and just took it off pending disconnection and back into active status. I am sure their thoughts are I can just pay what I would have on the phone bill on the internet and then the regular internet bill and it will be all good. But I suspect...this issue...hasn't had the last of me calling one of the many many 800 numbers...and wasting more of my life trying to get it in the skulls of their seemingly untrained staff, trying to fix any more glitches.


Busy week this week. I had a job interview on Monday and I am crossing my fingers. It would definately be a welcome spot to get the job. I am keeping an open ear to hear if they are calling any of my references. Times are leary right now at my current job. We just got an email that we are $90K in the red for the projected budget to end at the start of 2009. Then the next comment was that we pay 70% of the budget on employees...I have been down this road with EVERY non-profit agency I have worked for in the last ten years....all but one time got out just months before the programs laid everyone off...2005 I didn't make it out first and became a causaulty of the end of the grant war. So I am suspecting there could be a lay offs in the agency that could or not affect me...or hours cut...which would then put be below the full time boundary and take away my benefits and vacation. I am hoping that they wouldn't do it before xmas...seeing as how they are a catholic organization...but wouldn't hold my breath. So I need to start burning up my vacation quickly because I have alot banked up...

Next up was my trip to Eau Claire yesterday. I had to go to a work training on Ethics and Boundaries and Cultural diversity... and I have to say that it was a very good training. The Trainer was very knowledgeable and very entertaining...which is good...because otherwise I could see that the content would have definately been snoozeville.

this week is going to be cleaning out my house some more. Aiden has grown a TON and I can't get his head in even half his shirts...my little weed. We are working with him on potty training yet....but the poor kid still thinks that potty trainning is a type of train to ride....much like Thomas the train. So I am working on trying to rephrase it, because the minute it slips out of my mouth...I have to listen to him go on about wanting to ride the potty train ...('come on ride the train....won't you ride....if you feel like dancin...come on...it's up to you....' - sorry...in my head right now). see...here he is flipping the toilet paper out of the cart... (drat...can't see it...)

Photobucket

1 comment:

thisismamashouse said...

The potty train!! ROFL I love it!!